It's Time To "KNOW YOUR LOAD!"
Thomson Equipment is releasing new innovations into the Dozer Winching industry. After 30 years we've seen incredible damage to winches including bent winch frames, winches missing 1/2 the drum gear teeth, and exploded drum bearings. In light of this damage we want to help our customers save money and work smarter.
Integrating even 1 Load Sensing Smart Shackle into your winch fleet will increase accountability, reduce downtime, and increase SAFETY!
Common Repair Costs:
- W12E Drum Gear & Bearing Repair : $10,000 +
- W12E Clutch & Brake Rebuild $15,000 +
- H140 Planetary Repair : 25,000 +
We've partnered with the best supplier in the industry to release quality sensors and displays proven in the marine and crane industries, but re-designed specifically for use in the Dozer Winch environment. Winches often get used hard in industries like pipeline constriction, so we've increased the guarding and protection of the key components.
Load sensing smart shackles include:
- Wireless Transmitter : Wireless range exceeds any dozer winch line capacity so you'll always have a signal
- Heavy Duty Shackle with bobbin
- Wireless Receiver or operator
- Solid wall carry case
- Horizontal Dozer winch line pulls are rated to max line pull failure. Other industries like overhead cranes lifting vertical loads are rated 1/2 or sometimes 1/4 their actual max line pull as a margin for safety.
- Featured on this page is the "13.5 ton shackle". We recommend to start for most dozer winch applications. The shackle itself is rated with significant redundancy, and shouldn't fail until line pulls exceeds 100,000 lbs. The load cell inside the shackle is also rated far above the 13.5t able to give accurate load reading for most of the working rage line pulls in the D6-D8 class dozer winches. The load cell calibration can be sensitive to shock loading, so when the unit is in use we suggest smooth loading and unloading to extend the accuracy of the unit.
Please contact us for more information related to these products. We also offer similar load sensing shackles with rated capacities that exceed 200,000 lbs!